Ecomly has a built-in product CSV Importer and Exporter.
Import, export, or update hundreds or thousands of products in your Ecomly store with a single CSV. This tool supports most product types, including variations.
- First-time store owners get started more quickly by exporting and importing products during setup.
- Existing store owners can update tens or hundreds of products with new info or place them on sale, or sync multiple storefronts.
Create your CSV
What CSV editors do you recommend?
We recommend using:
If possible, avoid Microsoft Excel due to formatting and character encoding issues.
How to create the CSV?
To import new products or update existing products, you need a CSV containing your product information. You can:
If using the built-in WooCommerce Product CSV Importer and Exporter tool to export a CSV, it already follows the schema and is ready to use. If using the blank and formatted CSV file, it also follows the schema; just be sure to enter the info as instructed at Product CSV Import Schema.
- CSVs should be in UTF-8 format.
- Dates should be defined for the store’s local timezone.
- Use 1 or 0 in your CSV, if importing a Boolean value (true or false)
- Multiple values in a field get separated with commas.
- Wrapping values in quotes allows you to insert a comma.
- Prefix the id with
id: if referencing an existing product ID. No prefix is needed if referencing an SKU. For example:
- Custom meta is supported/imported but only plain text – no support for JSON or Serialized data.
- Taxonomy term hierarchy is denoted with
>, terms are separated with commas.
- Draft products are not exported, only published and privately published products.
- It is not possible to assign a specific post ID to product on import. Products will always use the next available ID, regardless of the ID included in the imported CSV.
- Images need to be pre-uploaded or available online to import to your store.
- External URLs are supported and imported into the Media Library if used.
- You can define the filename if the image already exists in the Media Library.
How does import work?
Please visit this link to see the step-by-step guide.
Importing Product Variations
Product CSV Import Suite can also import product variations, although it does so with a separate, for-variations CSV. Here is an example to illustrate.